When did you last spoil yourself?
So often we look to others to spoil us and forget (in a way) to spoil ourselves. You look to others to buy you gifts, take you on trips or out for a wonderful meal, when what you could be doing is making time to spoil yourself.
…and trust me, you don’t need to spend a lot of time or money to spoil yourself silly—although you could! I’ve come up with a list of 33 different ways to spoil yourself and I’m sure at least one of these will work well for you.
33 Ways to Spoil Yourself Silly
1. Take yourself out to lunch.
2. Do something you loved as a kid.
3. Buy yourself that item you’ve been coveting.
4. Spend an hour diving into the story of a fictional book.
5. Take-off for a weekend solo retreat.
6. Enjoy a restorative yoga class.
7. Explore your city, or a new city, or a shop in your ‘hood—anywhere will do as long as it feels new and exciting.
8. Try a bold new lipstick colour.
9. Take a hot shower until the water runs out.
10. Grab a watercolour paint palette and paper and paint something your three year old self would adore.
11. Hire a personal shopper.
12. Light a beeswax candle and meditate.
13. Make crafts (with or without instructions).
14. Go for high tea with your easiest-to-be-with friend.
15. Bake a cake from scratch and eat the first slice.
16. Make plans for everyone you live with so you can hang out at home by yourself.
17. Buy a bunch of flowers and do nothing but breathe their sweet smell and contemplate their natural beauty.
19. Use your finest something.
20. Take the train somewhere and watch the world glide by.
21. Go outside, look up at the sky, close your eyes and bask in the light of the sun (or moon).
22. Dance without a care in the world to music that inspires your movement.
23. Make yourself breakfast and eat it in bed.
24. Try floating.
25. Find an inspiring notebook and a pen you adore and start writing every thought that’s in your head.
26. Treat yourself to an expensive bottle of wine.
27. Do absolutely nothing for ten minutes.
28. Go for a walk in the woods.
29. Hire a chef to cook dinner at your house for you and a group of friends who make you laugh (see above).
30. Try eyelash extensions.
31. Indulge in a day at a Scandinavian spa.
32. Take a nap.
33. Dust off your photo albums and take a trip down memory lane.
A penny for your thoughts…
Which of these ideas jumps out at you most? Do you have another way you like to spoil yourself silly? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!
Love the idea of spoiling myself Wendy! Thank you for the suggestions!
Wendy Woods says