I am a learned bargain shopper. I find shopping in a store where I know they will have my size, and I can easily see what each garment looks like much more civilized. However, I have slowly taught myself how to shop for a bargain in order to get quality pieces at fantastic prices! Here are some of the strategies I use in order to make bargain shopping manageable:
1. Choose a target item: Focus on shoes, or pants, or shirts, etc. The more focused you are, the more manageable the coverage area.
2. Know your colour: Having a focus on what colour you are looking for makes it easy to weed out other items. Rather than look at every pair of pants, you can walk down the pant racks, and pull out an item when the colour catches your eye.
3. Be skeptical of items with a lot of inventory: there is usually a reason why a great brand has a lot of one style left, the style doesn’t fit well. You will find the best treasures when you dig deep and find the odd dress that is left in your size. Lucky You!
4. Keep a reminder: if you find something in another size that you love, pull it out as a reminder to look for it in your size.
5. Scour all marked size areas: discount stores are usually disorganized, so you will find items in your size in areas where they shouldn’t be.
As the saying goes, “patience is a virtue.” A virtue that you must have to find pieces that look fabulous on you and significantly discounted. Remember, it is only a bargain if the piece you buy gets worn a lot! When you do find a piece that is perfect – what a feeling!