I love neon clothing and accessories, and luckily they are in fashion for Spring. This just means that if you too have a love for neon clothing, there are many pieces to choose from to get your fill. Currently a pink that I like to call neon coral, makes me especially happy. Neon coral is a little bit easier to wear for some skin tones than other loveable neons (like green or yellow), so today’s Friday Five is a compilation of five of these especially covetable pieces:
1. The Splurge. When I saw this beautiful Embroidered T by Simone Rocha, I instantly fell in love. Although it is out of my budget, I will search for something similar to this neon gem that is more affordable. I encourage you to browse pieces no matter the price so you can get a true idea of what is out there that would work well for you, and then the pricey pieces for inspiration!
2. Easy Peasie. If you follow THE REFINERY on facebook, you may have seen an “in real life” photo of this stunning necklace available at J. Crew. I feel like it’s the perfect pop to wear with a t-shirt and jeans – a dressed-up day look with little effort (my fave!)
3. Subtle Pop. If you’re looking for a neon look that is less loud, focus on finding a piece that is mostly neutral with just a pop of colour like the cream blouse pictured above. (*hint: wear a sleeveless blouse during any season with a blazer over it for warmth.)
4. The Bomb. Three words: Neon. Coral. Shorts. Three more words: Perfect. For. Summer. Enough said.
5. Start Somewhere. If neon is something you really want to wear but your not sure how, an inexpensive clutch like this one ($20 at Forever 21) is a non-committal way to give bold colours a try. Keep the rest of your outfit neutral (black works well) so you don’t feel overwhelmed putting it all together.