Many women have summer frocks sitting in their closets waiting for warmer weather… well wait no longer! Listed from the easiest to execute to the most difficult, REFINED. shares some layering tricks so you can frolic in your frocks right now!
1. Layer a finely knit cardigan over your dress. Fine knits go really well with lightweight summer dress fabrics.
2. Wear a pashmina style scarf around your neck in a colour that’s in the dress. If it gets cooler you can take the scarf off and wear it around your shoulders instead.
3. Add a blazer, which can be worn instead of a coat outside, but perfectly appropriate to leave on while you’re inside.
4. Tights are amazing because they keep your legs warm, which none of the other layer options do. Just be sure that the fabric, colour, and weight of the dress and tights match – an advanced style move.
5. Wear a long sleeve shirt under your dress to give the dress a jumper-style appearance. You can try a t-shirt, fine knit sweater, or collared shirt. This is the most difficult of options because it takes a keen eye to be able to find necklines and fabrics on both the dress and shirt that go well together.
For those really cool mornings, wear a few of the options above so you can easily take layers off throughout the day when it gets warmer!