When the sun shines we all think of summer… dream of summer, really! So what do you need in your closet to keep life simple?
1. An Evening Layer: A key piece that often gets forgotten, but necessary for cool summer evenings. Make sure your chosen layer is either in a neutral (black, white, cream, navy, gray) or in your colour palette, so it’s a versatile staple.
2. The White T-shirt: Start your search for this crisp basic at cost-effective stores like The Gap, Jacob, or Joe Fresh. No matter how much money you spend, a white t-shirt yellows, so save some money on this piece, and replace it with a new one each season.
3. Comfortable Walking Shoes: … that look cute too! We all love being outside and walking around in the summer. These shoes from Terra Plana, with a memory foam sole, will easily do you for an active day on your feet.
4. Sun dress: A few cheap and cheerful sundresses can get you through the summer, and are so easy to pack. To give you an idea of how inexpensive they can be, this cute striped number is only $19.95 at H&M.
5. A Weekender Bag: Summer brings many weekends away, so something small to pack all your stuff in is key. This awesome bag is created by Canadian textile designer Virginia Johnson.