Some people refer to this body shape as a pear, but calling ourselves fruit is never good for the self-esteem. Instead, if you think of yourself as a shape, you can find clothing, and accessories, that follow your triangle shape, and flatter your figure.
If you have a Triangle Body Shape you:
- have shoulders that are narrower than the widest part of your hips
- upper body may be a favourite part of your figure
- tend to gain weight in your hip area
- may be self conscious of hips and/or bottom
- tend to enjoy wearing skirts and dresses more than pants
Style Tips for the Triangle Body Shape:
- bring attention upper body including waist and shoulder area
- anything that is fitted around the hip area will be most comfortable made out of stretchy fabric
- an empire waist will define the narrowest part of your figure, & float over hips
- find pants that fit hip area and alter the waist band that will often gape
- make sure all details like pockets, patterns, and design elements are in areas other than hips
Clothing and Accessories that will be easiest for you to wear:
- look for clothing that is also in a triangle shape like an a-line skirt
- shirts with ruffled or puffed sleeves balance shoulders and hips
- statement necklaces draw the eye to svelte shoulder area, and face
- patterned shirts are a comfortable option paired with solids on the bottom – the patterns will bring attention to the narrowest part of your figure
- pants that go out at the bottom – like boot, wide leg, and trouser cuts – will be easiest for you to wear
Find outfits that would look really great on your triangle body shape here, here and here.
If this shape doesn’t sound like you, one of these other body shapes might feel more relatable: Circle, Inverted Triangle, Hourglass, Standard, or Rectangle.
Leave a Reply