If you’re having a hard time deciding if a colour palette is filled with your best colours, try taking some of the pressure off yourself.
Instead of focusing on whether they work well on your skin, try focusing on colours that you’re really, truly drawn to… naturally.
Try to take the colours you’re told to like out of the equation (put black and trendy colours out of your mind) and just focus on the colours you choose over and over for your home and wardrobe.
Then take a peak at the traits and colours below and see if you connect with them. If you do, the colours in the light colour palette might suit you perfectly.
You’re drawn to colours that are:
- light in value
- medium intensity (not incredibly bright or muted)
- neutral undertone (not distinctively warm or cool)
Your favourite colours might be:
- light pink
- pale yellow
- light lilac
- might remind you of sherbet colours
- colours of the sky and clouds as the sun is setting
Your go-to neutrals:
- lighter navy
- light taupe
Metal colours you love:
- yellow gold
- rose gold
- silver (you may like to mix and match your metal colours)
You might have:
- porcelain-like skin
- overall look youthful and sultry at same time
- eye pattern can have muted marbly effect
- eye colour is bright and smokey at once (blue, green, hazel)
- hair is light colour (blonde or very light brown)
- can easily wear pale yellow
You might feel:
The easiest time for you to shop:
Spring and summer feel like the easiest seasons for you to find the colours you like in store. Once fall and winter come along, you may feel limited to your favourite neutral colours.
Stores + designers you might love:
- Forever 21
- Bicyclette Boutique
Women you may connect with:
- Cate Blanchett
- Dakota Fanning
- Blair Eadie (Atlantic Pacific Blog)
If you think you might like the light colour palette, you can peruse even more visuals on the Light Pinterest board.
If you found this style advice helpful, please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Thanks so much for spreading the word!